Prepare for unified communications with these tips
Today, the real question is not about what platform you are on, but whether you need a Unified Communications platform instead. Unified Communications, or UC, is a popular technology that integrates various communication channels such as video calling, conferencing, email, instant messaging, and telephony into a single phone system. UC enhances productivity, reduces costs, improves performance, and enhances the user interface. The global unified communications and collaboration market reached over $47 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow even further as the world settles into a new normal after the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure your network seamlessly adopts UC, you can take the following steps:
- Audit your network: Understand your network’s technical aspects, including the number of users, networking equipment, ports required per user, internet connection, and remote users. Talk to your vendor to understand where things stand and ensure your network has sufficient bandwidth and no latency issues.
- Prepare your employees for migration: Communicate with your employees and IT administrators to ensure they are willing and knowledgeable about the new system. Provide specialized training to those who need it, and make a plan for short-term and long-term changes.
- Understand your needs: Work closely with an experienced UC vendor to align your goals and create a plan that suits your business model, culture, and specific requirements. Select the right features to ensure seamless integration.
- Prepare a statement of work: A qualified, experienced vendor will create a comprehensive statement of work subject to your approval, outlining all the important areas that need to be addressed and changes that will be made.
- Test everything: Pre-deploy your services to test their performance, and involve your vendor’s input on performance monitoring, as well as network and application tests.
Choosing the right UC vendor can make all the difference. RP Tech Services has a wealth of experience in helping businesses grow and can guide your business through this transformation. Contact them to find out how they can help you.